8654Re: [BCD396XT] Audio

  • Ronski45
    Dec 24, 2013
      Changing modulation will only change the volumes slightly, if your using the wrong modulation the audio is only going to change slightly but not completely cut out as was mentioned. This not a modulation issue.
      See upman http://forums.radioreference.com/uniden-scanners/144068-396t-vs-396xt-speaker.html#post1066999
      "The audio level (volume) will be unbalanced. If the xmit is FM and you pick NFM, it will be too loud as compared to properly demodulated signals. If it is NFM and you pick FM, it won't be loud enough."

      Wrong modulation wont make the speaker stop is all Im saying.
      Ive programmed about 300 radios and am a database admin at radioreference.

      Other thing is when the other faulty radios came to me they all said the same about static, missing audio at times before hand then nothing as was also mentioned originally .

      MCH <mch@...> wrote:

      As I mentioned before - just make sure you are using the correct mode
      for the channel. It's quite possible that most of these cases come down
      to the incorrect channel settings - specifically, using AUTO or NFM on
      channels that are still using FM modulation. This results in raising the
      audio level, and while some people endorse that since it results in
      louder audio, it might result in higher-than-spec levels going to the
      speaker and causing damage.

      If in doubt, use FM and not AUTO or NFM.

      Joe M.