8652Re: [BCD396XT] Audio

  • Jm Adams
    Dec 24, 2013
      Just hope Uniden got the issue figured out and current production has better speakers. I really like my scanner I purchased it back in July so now I'm on pins and needles hoping  the speaker in my unit doesn't take a dump on me

      Sent from my iPhone

      On Dec 24, 2013, at 7:35, Ronski45 <ronski45@...> wrote:

      This is clearly the weak point on that radio model and the 396T. Ive personally seen four, three of em being less than a week old that the speaker is shot. Uniden didnt do their homework on this part and/or their supplier.
      Take a look at http://wiki.radioreference.com/index.php/Replace_a_Blown_Speaker_in_the_396
      One thing I keep wondering on that is what holds in the speaker?

      And see all the others having the same problem - http://www.radioreference.com/apps/Search/?cx=014732645207632841850%3Afkjydvmuoq4&q=396+speaker+replacement+&sa.x=0&sa.y=0&cof=FORID%3A9&name=Search

      OB <ob1309@...> wrote:

      Had that happen twice on the speaker on the original unit and then the replacement one too. Third one is holding up nicely. All repaired under warranty by Uniden Australia (Sydney).

      OB

      On 24 Dec 2013, at 05:13, <K4ADD@...> wrote:

      I have no audio on my internal speaker on the 396XT.  External speaker is extremely low at full volume.  For 2 or 3 days before it quit, the audio sounded a bit distorted.  Anyone have similar problems?  Sending it to Uniden after Xmas, under warranty.  Thanks gang.  Ed