8649Re: [BCD396XT] Audio

    Dec 23, 2013
      You really can't check the external audio with a standard speaker.
      Check it with an earphone to see if the levels are normal or low.

      Offhand, I would say the earphone jack is not closing the loop to the
      internal speaker. Try plugging in something then unplugging it a few
      times to see if you can get it to make contact.

      Of course, it could be the speaker itself. I've heard of them going
      every so often. Along those lines, make sure all your programming is
      using the FM or NFM mode as correct for the individual channels. You
      can't rely on the AUTO mode, as not everyone is using the standard mode
      for their band.

      Joe M.