8629Re: [BCD396XT] Wanted - Battery Covers

    Dec 16, 2013
      If you really want a solution for any case, consider making a solution
      that uses the side power port so you can replace your scanner with any
      other of similar design for backup purposes.

      If longevity is a prime concern, you could use a deep cycle marine
      battery with a cigar lighter jack that could use a standard cigar
      lighter cord/adapter for the scanner that could be used in a car or with
      any similar scanner. The battery could also be used with any other 12V
      device that uses a cigar lighter plug. You could also use a standard
      1-to-3 jack adapter to power other devices.

      A key to emergency interops is *not* using custom parts.

      Just my 37 cents (adjusted for inflation).

      Joe M.