8621Re: [BCD396XT] Illegal Voltage?

  • John Stark
    Dec 11 12:11 AM
      It is probably not putting out the proper voltage under load. Putting a meter on it with no load it may appear to be within spec but once you load it, it drops out of spec and can't supply proper voltage and current.

      MCH <mch@...> wrote:

      Sounds like your adapter went slightly out of tolerance for voltage.

      Joe M.

      kwicker wrote:
      > I get a message on the display that says Illegal Voltage when I plug in the car DC power supply that came with the scanner to the 396.  The unit will not operate as long as the message is there.  I tested the voltage on the connector and got 7.04 VDC with the tip positive.  I have an older Radio Shack mobile DC power plug that will operate the 396 without the error message.  It measures 6.94 VDC with the tip positive.  The AC/DC power supply that came with the 396 measures 7.01 VDC with the tip positive.  The display on the 396 indicates 4.01 to 4.03 volts with the two supplies that work.  I'd like to use the power plug that came with the scanner.  It's smaller, is fused, and has a red indicator light. What's up with the Illegal Voltage message?  Thanks in advance for all input.

      <*> Your email settings:
          Individual Email | Traditional

      <*> To change settings online go to:
          (Yahoo! ID required)