8620Re: [BCD396XT] Illegal Voltage?

  • OB
    Dec 10, 2013
      Amps is the killer...

      On 11 Dec 2013, at 13:11, "kwicker" <kwicker@...> wrote:

      I get a message on the display that says Illegal Voltage when I plug in the car DC power supply that came with the scanner to the 396. The unit will not operate as long as the message is there. I tested the voltage on the connector and got 7.04 VDC with the tip positive. I have an older Radio Shack mobile DC power plug that will operate the 396 without the error message. It measures 6.94 VDC with the tip positive. The AC/DC power supply that came with the 396 measures 7.01 VDC with the tip positive. The display on the 396 indicates 4.01 to 4.03 volts with the two supplies that work. I'd like to use the power plug that came with the scanner. It's smaller, is fused, and has a red indicator light. What's up with the Illegal Voltage message? Thanks in advance for all input.

    • Show all 8 messages in this topic