      From: worksntv@... <worksntv@...>;
      To: <BCD396XT@yahoogroups.com>;
      Subject: Re: [BCD396XT] Another Open Sky?
      Sent: Fri, Nov 29, 2013 3:08:29 PM

      The question  is can this "format" be monitored?

      Bob

      In a message dated 11/24/2013 9:53:37 P.M. Eastern Standard Time, johnstark@... writes:

      They claim the radios are made to mil spec for moisture too, another trick to sell to PS.
      I remember my old FD in PA bought cheap low power Chinese radios for the fire police. Those were horrible radios! And you didn't want yo get it wet either!

      MCH <mch@...> wrote:

      Apparently Harris is counting on the fact that other manufacturer's DMR
      equipment is not Public Safety rated or targeted and they feel that will
      give them a competitive edge. I know many PS agencies purchased business
      radios because they could get them cheaper than PS rated equipment.
      Whenever issues came up with Motorola, they were "informed" that the
      radio failed because it was not used in the service in which it was
      intended. I for one would not market DMR to PS when they know they can
      get Hytera radios for much lower cost that will "work on the same system".

      Maybe OS is hurting Harris more than I've heard
      if they have to resort to those kinds of tricks.

      Joe M.

      Emmett Gulley wrote:

      > True, but why are they advertised under the public safety pages on the
      > harris web site?
      >

      > On Sun, Nov 24, 2013 at 7:48 PM, MCH <mch@... <mailto:mch@...>> wrote:
      >
      >     __
      >

      >     But, if it's DMR, there are no business bands on 700 MHz, and DMR is
      >     designed for business users, not PS users. So, that would explain it.
      >
      >     Joe M.
      >

      >     John Stark wrote:
      >      >
      >      >
      >  & nbsp;   > Your correct, none of these radios have 700Mhz. That seems pretty
      >     short
      >      > sighted considering the number of systems using that spectrum. It
      >     also
      >      > could mean an inability to be used quickly without patching for
      >     mutual aid.
      >      >
      >      > John
      >      >
      >      >
      >      > /Sent from my Verizon Wireless 4G LTE DROID/
      >
      >      >
      >      >
      >      > MCH <mch@... <mailto:mch@...>> wrote:
      >      >
      >      > It specifies 7.60 kH z TDMA which is not P25, so it most likely is OS.
      >      > (I don't remember the emission BW for OS offhand)
      >      >
      >      > It also does analog (11.2 kHz) which would make it compatible
      >     with other
      >      > manufacturers.
      >      >
      >      > Funny but the 800 MHz mobile does not specify that it does 700 MHz!
      >      >
      >      > Joe M.
      >      >
      >      > worksntv@... <mailto:worksntv@...> wrote:
      >      > >
      >      > >
      >      > >
      >      > >
      > &nb sp;    > > I don't believe this is another Open Sky..The ad says it will
      >     work with
      >      > > other vendors.
      >      > >
      >      > >
      >      > > http://pspc.harris.c om/Solution/Momentum.aspx
      >      > >
      >      > >
      >      > >
      >      > >
      >      > >
      >      > >
      >      > > ----------------------------------------------------------
      >      > >
      >      > >
      >      > > No virus found in this incoming message.
      >      > 11/24/13 03:12:00
      >      > >
      >      >
      >      >
> [...]