8587Re: [BCD396XT] Another Open Sky?

  • John Stark
    Nov 24, 2013
      According to the tech he works only on public safety radio systems using DMR!  Harris's own site for these radios claims they will have 250,000 public safety users by 2015. So that dose not explain the lack of 700Mhz. The mobile and a couple portables both have 800Mhz.
      Interesting to say the least

      MCH <mch@...> wrote:

      But, if it's DMR, there are no business bands on 700 MHz, and DMR is
      designed for business users, not PS users. So, that would explain it.

      Joe M.

      John Stark wrote:

      > Your correct, none of these radios have 700Mhz. That seems pretty short
      > sighted considering the number of systems using that spectrum. It also
      > could mean an inability to be used quickly without patching for mutual aid.
      >
      > John
      >

      > /Sent from my Verizon Wireless 4G LTE DROID/
      >

      > MCH <mch@...> wrote:
      >
      > It specifies 7.60 kHz TDMA which is not P25, so it most likely is OS.
      > (I don't remember the emission BW for OS offhand)
      >
      > It also does analog (11.2 kHz) which would make it compatible with other
      > manufacturers.
      >
      > Funny but the 800 MHz mobile does not specify that it does 700 MHz!
      >
      > Joe M.
      >
      > worksntv@... wrote:
      >  >
      >  >
      >  >
      >  >
      >  > I don't believe this is another Open Sky..The ad says it will work with
      >  > other vendors.
      >  >
      >  >
      >  > http://pspc.harris.c om/Solution/Momentum.aspx
      >  >
      >  >
      >  >
      >  >
      >  >
      >  >
      >  > ------------------------------------------------------------------------
      >  >
      >  >
      >  > No virus found in this incoming message.
      > 11/24/13 03:12:00
      >  >

      > Yahoo Groups Links

      <*> Your email settings: