8434RE: Re: question

  • scott16148
    Oct 22, 2013
      "I have tried baud rates of both 57,600 and 115,200."

      I totally understand this.... However do you have the scanner set at the same rate as the program is set to? This is where I have encountered my problems when I hook up to the computer with my handheld. I change the rate to use my GPS and when I get home to download the scanner on to the computer I forget to change it back to what I have FreeScan set to. I get the pop-up saying the it can't connect or find the Com Port. So I just switch back the scanner to the set rate I have the program set to all is good....

      Scott

      ---In bcd396xt@yahoogroups.com, <mehl@...> wrote:

      Thanks for all the suggestions, but no success so far. I double
      checked my port and baudrate settings, since there is a lot of
      room for mistakes there. Port must be set in 2 places (Windows
      Device Manager and ARC XT software). Baudrate must be set
      in 3 places (Windows Device Manager, ARC XT software, and
      scanner). Also ARC XT seems to like to change the baudrate
      default to 57,600.

      I apparently have the latest driver for the chip in my USB-1 cable
      from Prolific itself.

      Switching to FreeScan or other software is going to be a last
      ditch option, since I’ve already paid for the ARC XT software.

      I have the Windows 8 upgrade DVD sitting on a shelf and have
      been meaning to do that. But I had hoped to get the scanner
      working before I dealt with a Windows version change.

      Jim

      From: Jim Mehl

      I have a new BCD396XT. The firmware is V1.11.01. I have installed
      ARC XT PRO software, V1.9-Build 2 on Windows 7. I am trying to
      get them to talk to each other. I am using the Uniden USB-1 cable.
      I have installed the PL-2303 driver software and rebooted. Windows
      recognizes the driver. The CheckChip tool tells me I have chip
      PL2303HXD which is supposed to work on Windows 7 (and 8).
      However the ARC software tells me it cannot detect my scanner.
      I have tried baudrates of both 57,600 and 115,200.

      Any suggestions?

      Jim
    • Show all 48 messages in this topic