8432Re: [BCD396XT] question

    Oct 22, 2013
      Just for clarification, I'm not suggesting abandoning ARC. I suggested
      trying another program as a diagnostic tool. Right now, you have four
      things that are not talking to each other (scanner, cable, driver, and
      SW). You have to start eliminating one of those things to determine the
      problem, and I doubt you have another scanner or cable. You can try a
      different driver or different SW. The SW is the easiest to reverse
      (since you can simply not use it or delete it).

      If you try different SW (note: TRY) and it works then you know the
      scanner, cable, and driver are GOOD and you can focus your time (and
      ours) on the SW as the source of the issue. If another SW package does
      not work, the problem is likely elsewhere.

      Of course, if you have another scanner or cable, you can try switching
      those out. Only replace one element at a time so you can see what is
      causing the issue.

      Joe M.