RE: question

(8428)
  • scott16148
    Oct 21, 2013 Expand Messages

       "I have tried baud rates of both 57,600 and 115,200."

      I can't connect sometimes just as you and my main problem is the I both the scanner and the program I'm using to program set at the same Baud Rate. This always create a problem as I use a GPS with my scanner on the road and always forget to set it back to 115,200 for programming because the GPS puck uses 4800 only. Give it a look at just maybe the scanner isn't set the same as the setting in the program, then just maybe if this is your problem also your scanner will be detected as well.

      ---In BCD396XT@yahoogroups.com, <bcd396xt@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

      I have a new BCD396XT. The firmware is V1.11.01. I have installed
      ARC XT PRO software, V1.9-Build 2 on Windows 7. I am trying to
      get them to talk to each other. I am using the Uniden USB-1 cable.
      I have installed the PL-2303 driver software and rebooted. Windows
      recognizes the driver. The CheckChip tool tells me I have chip
      PL2303HXD which is supposed to work on Windows 7 (and 8).
      However the ARC software tells me it cannot detect my scanner.
      I have tried baudrates of both 57,600 and 115,200.

      Any suggestions?

      Jim
    • Show all 48 messages in this topic