8306RE: [BCD396XT] best software for programming

  • Kevin
    Sep 7, 2013

      I second Ken’s suggestion.  Just had issues with the Sacramento County radio system as there are limits to trunk groups on the scanner and their group has so many more.  Still trying to work it out.

      From: BCD396XT@yahoogroups.com [mailto:BCD396XT@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of KenBarnsda
      Sent: Saturday, September 07, 2013 7:51 AM
      To: BCD396XT@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: Re: [BCD396XT] best software for programming

      Try freescan.... as it is free to try.

      I used to use another one for another scanner but chose to stay with freescan and use the $$ for a donation and a year subscription to radio reference.  I would certainly recommend RR....especially if you are new to this.

      Freescan imports directly with 2 choices.. analog or digital.  Both work fine.

      Example... I am getting ready for a quick trip.  I was able to pull up freescan, login to RR through freescan... get the systems in the city I was going to visit...  upload to 396xt with its own quick key... pack scanner in under 5 minutes.

      When I get home... I will just, via freescan, erase and reload my "daily use" load.

      At the same time... I am always on the hunt for better software.  I liked the comment UPMan made.
      For me... I like trying everything just for the fun of it.  I enjoy "finding" great programs.