8305Re: [BCD396XT] best software for programming

  • John Stark
    Sep 7, 2013
      That's like asking which truck is best for pulling. a trailer. You will get 50 different answers to that question. In reality the answer can only come from you not us.
      BTW, my choice is Dodge...lol
      And FreeScan for the scanner...

      Ben Work <benwork@...> wrote:

      Can someone tell me if it is really worth the extra $ over freescan?

      Also as a new BCD396XT user, I am having trouble decoding a lot of digital transmissions. For example, Westfield shopping centres in Melbourne Australia I can't seem to decode. Maybe they have a high level of security on their radios.

      Regards,

      Ben.

      On 07/09/2013, at 12:26 PM, Mike <pyro68@...> wrote:

      Same here.  Pricey, but a great program.

      Mike

      On 9/6/2013 1:19 PM, Clark Rennie wrote:
      I also prefer and use ARC XT Pro, from here.
      http://www.butel.nl/

      Clark

      At 10:16 AM 9/6/2013, you wrote:

      I used ARC basic with my 296 and was quite happy so I went with ARC xt for my 396 am so far I'm not disappointed

      Sent from my iPhone

      On Sep 5, 2013, at 7:05 PM, <crosson1@... > wrote:

      I have just ordered my BCD396xt and hope to have it Saturday. I figure it will be easier to program with software rather than the unit... ??? If there is a good free software that makes it easy please let me know. If not I will study the entries here on how to program them.
      thanks,
      Shannan
    • Show all 17 messages in this topic