8270Re: [BCD396XT] RE: cellular carriers are not ready to replace public safety radio

  • Tony Langdon
    Aug 28, 2013
      On 29/08/13 2:52 AM, Michael Hopkins wrote:

      > With the advent of digital communications encryption becomes easier (a single chip) and is virtually unbreakable (unless, of course, you’re working for NSA!). Unfortunately for scanner enthusiasts, myself included, I think encrypted voice will likely become more common among law enforcement and fire departments as we move forward. Sorry about that…..
      Law enforcement, yes. Already seeing that trend over here. Fire? Not
      necessarily. In less populated areas, there is a lot of monitoring of
      fire frequencies by both the general public (including owners of private
      fire appliances) and volunteers, and this is seen as generally a good
      thing. Horses for courses.

      --
      73 de Tony VK3JED/VK3IRL
      http://vkradio.com