8256Re: [BCD396XT] cellular carriers are not ready to replace public safety radio

  • John Stark
    Aug 25, 2013
      The biggest reason is during an incident everyone goes to their phone and tie the networks up. Happens in every major incident and will continue to happen. The same happens on trunked radio systems too. During the week of the super bowl in Indy the phone and radio systems were both overloaded numerous times, it almost cost one man his life as EMS couldn't be called when hr had a heart attack. Someone finally got ahold of a trooper who was able to get on the statewide system and get help but even then the EMS crew couldn't get on the cities P25 system.