8168Re: [BCD396XT] Brain Hurting.. Have 396XT. Need Help with Software

  • Tony Langdon
    Aug 1, 2013
      On 1/08/13 11:57 PM, KenBarnsda wrote:
      > Hello,
      > Once again, thank you for your suggestion. I will do it exactly.
      > It is a shame that Uniden does not ship with a USB cable, 1 month trial to RR, and Freescan.
      > Freescan should charge. I do appreciate that they did not so I will certainly stick
      > with them rather than the .nl chaps that I have dealt with for years.
      Freescan certainly works well. I use it for programming my scanner. I
      haven't downloaded off RR yet, but as the fire service here is on the
      cusp of going P25 (and trunked dispatch by the looks of it), I will be
      looking at my programming options - probably Freescan with manual input,
      given I'll want to get it up and running ASAP. Depends which route
      gives me the frequency and talk group information I need first. :) This
      will be the first trunked system I've programmed in any scanner or
      computer. :)

      73 de Tony VK3JED/VK3IRL
    • Show all 16 messages in this topic