8137Re: [BCD396XT] Re: Sorry For The Redundancy

    Jul 10, 2013
      Yes, "again". I said twice that your scanner and the 396 should work the
      same way your older scanner does except that the 396 can 'chain' the
      search ranges.

      I believe all of my answers have been complete based on the provided
      information. I DID make an error in saying 296 rather than 250. I'm
      sorry you could not read through that error.

      My scanner starts at the low frequency, runs to the high frequency, and
      starts over. I don't know why yours is "sticking". Is it receiving a
      carrier? Did you enter frequencies outside a single band? (not sure if
      that would make it hang, but you didn't give any specifics)

      The last I knew, you were having trouble limiting your search to just
      the one slot you programmed, as you said it was using slot 10, not slot
      1. I told you exactly how to change that.

      If it's a birdie, and you don't want to lock it out, you will continue
      to stop on it. That's the way scanners work. Not trying to be funny -
      quite the opposite. You didn't say how it is hanging, if there is a
      carrier, if there is any squelch noise or anything. I can most likely
      help you, but not when given a complaint of "scanner hangs". Does it
      continue with the search if you turn the scroll knob?

      I am simply trying to help you find out why your particular scanner is
      not acting as it should, and as mine does.

      So, at the risk of more flames, I will say that I tested mine and the
      search operates normally - it starts at the low frequency, runs to the
      high frequency, and starts over. It only 'hangs' when it hears a signal.

      If you would tell me the frequencies you are using on your search, I
      will try to duplicate the exact environment. But please don't complain
      that an answer doesn't solve your problem when the description of the
      problem is incomplete.

      Joe M.