81Re: Volume Offset

  • bigfella237
    Oct 31, 2008
      I can't speak for the other receivers but I have tried with Analogue
      AGC both on and off on my 396T and 996T's and it seems to make very
      little (if any) difference to those dispatchers and their droopy boom
      Mic's? You crank up the volume so you can hear them and the next mobile
      unit that TX's blows out your eardrums!

      --- In BCD396XT@yahoogroups.com, "kb1nvi" <kb1nvi@...> wrote:

      > While vulome offset will certainly be a useful feature, it doesn't
      seem
      > like it would help with the problem of analog systems with radios
      using
      > audio compression. The Radio Reference Wiki states that the the
      346XT,
      > 996T, 396T, and 396XT all have ANALOG AGC. Is this correct? If so,
      > does this fix the problem of low audio even with the volume turned
      way
      > up on analog systems using audio compression? This has become a real
      > problem in my area so if the Analog AGC mentioned in the RR Wiki is
      not
      > correct, is there any solution on the horizon?

    • Show all 4 messages in this topic