7929RE: [BCD396XT] Trunk systems with multiple sites

  • Michael Hopkins
    May 25, 2013
      It's actually both. Mass State Police are currently using both a Motorola
      Type II system and a P25S system. I programmed both systems in separately,
      but my questions below pertain to the Mot Type II system:

      In the Mot Type II/P25 system, I have 19 sites each consisting of a number
      > of frequencies per Radio Reference. 3 of those sites are re-banded. Do I
      need to make a separate system for the
      > re-banded sites? I also have 7 groups - Troop A, Troop B, etc. some of
      these
      > will use the re-banded sites so do they need to be separated somehow?

      The rebanded sites each have two system ranges in the band plan, one with a
      > 440 offset and the other with a 0 offset - both are 25 kHz steps. I'm not
      > 100% sure this is right but it appears to be.

      > I'm programming using FreeScan - the BCD 396XT manual says you can only
      have one
      > trunked system per band but not sure how this is assigned in FreeScan. I
      can
      > assign a quick key 0-99 but how does the band get assigned? 0-9 is one
      band?

      Thanks,,,

      Mike Hopkins K1VLB

      Mhopkins735@...