7525Re: [BCD396XT] Scanners and P25 Simulcast Systems

  • Mike
    Mar 29, 2013
      You both are on to something. It appeared like the new Winnebago County
      WI system was off the air for a while late last night. Today, without
      any changes to the XT on my part, the traffic on the system is much
      clearer. Too early to tell, but it seems like the local Moto shop boys
      did some upgrades or changes last night. Several of us heard a sheriff's
      deputy cussing out the new radios a few days ago when he couldn't make
      dispatch hear him after several tries.

      Mike

      On 3/29/2013 8:00 AM, MCH wrote:
      > Actually, the blame is usually on the company that installs or maintains
      > the system. This is usually *not* Motorola, but a local service company.
      >
      > There are several types of P25 systems, and if the installer/ maintainer
      > uses the wrong set of specs the system will not function well.
      >
      > Joe M.
      >
      > John Stark wrote:
      >> Don't blame it all on Uniden though as much of if not most of the blame is on Motorola!

    • Show all 25 messages in this topic