      From: BCD396XT@yahoogroups.com [mailto:BCD396XT@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf
      Of MCH
      Sent: Saturday, February 16, 2013 12:52 AM
      To: BCD396XT@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: Re: [BCD396XT] Testing antennas

      On VHF you can use a NOAA transmitter. On VHF/UHF you can use a paging
      transmitter. On most bands you can use a trunking control channel.

      Or, you can simply use a marginal dispatch channel and listen
      for a while. But, conditions can affect this setup more.

      Of course, being a portable antenna is tough to test because an
      inch may make more of a difference in capture area than the antenna.

      Joe M.