7389Re: [BCD396XT] Testing antennas

    Feb 16, 2013
      On VHF you can use a NOAA transmitter. On VHF/UHF you can use a paging
      transmitter. On most bands you can use a trunking control channel.

      Or, you can simply use a marginal dispatch channel and listen
      for a while. But, conditions can affect this setup more.

      Of course, being a portable antenna is tough to test because an
      inch may make more of a difference in capture area than the antenna.

      Joe M.