7128Re: [BCD396XT] Firmware Release suggestion

    Dec 30, 2012
      That's what the DELAY function is for, but he said he didn't want to use
      that. I don't see the need for a new feature when a current feature
      exists that will do what you want.

      Joe M.

      Tom Hayward wrote:
      > Milton, I think you misunderstood Doug's request. Here's an example:
      >
      > Scanning three control channels in a system:
      > Control 1
      > Control 2
      > Control 3
      >
      > Scanner hits on Control 1, TG500.
      > Doug decides he wants to hold on Control 1, TG500, and begins moving his
      > arm.
      > Transmission ends and scanning continues.
      > Doug's hand reaches the Hold button and presses it.
      > Scanner holds whatever it's currently scanning, e.g., Control 3.
      >
      > Doug is requesting that, within a defined period (10 seconds?), Hold will
      > not hold the current channel as it does now, but go back to the last hit.
      > In this example, Hold would bring you back to Control 1, TG500, instead of
      > quiet Control 3.
      >
      > I agree with Doug that this change in behavior would very useful. I often
      > find myself hitting Hold too late and having to disable scanning and
      > manually recall the talkground to get back to what I want to listen to.
      >
      > Tom
      >
      > On Sat, Dec 29, 2012 at 10:28 AM, Milton Engle <mengle@...> wrote:
      >
      >> **
      >>

      >> The scanner must listen to the control (or home) channel in order to
      >> follow
      >> transmissions on the system.
      >> In a very general sense that is the way any trunking system functions.
      >> Likewise user radios in a trunking environment will always listen to the
      >> control channel or home channel.
      >> In most trunking systems the control channel is a continuous data
      >> tranmission, all voice or digital voice communications occur on other
      >> channels in the system. The user radio listens for and finds the active
      >> control channel and stays there unless directed to a different channel by
      >> the system controller. Once the transmission or conversation that the user
      >> radio was directed to is over the user radio returns to the control
      >> channel.
      >> In a basic LTR system the user radio remains on the home channel
      >> programmed
      >> into the user radio unless directed by the trunking controller to another
      >> channel in the system. Basic LTR systems can have each system frequency
      >> function as a home channel depending on how the system is designed.
      >> If the scanner held on the last received frequency you would not receive
      >> any
      >> transmissions until another call was sent to the channel on which the
      >> scanner was holding, and then only if listening in ID Search mode. The
      >> chances that this next call would be related to the one last heard are
      >> very
      >> limited.

      >>> channel. It would be much more helpful to hold on the last received