      From: Alex <agcme2002@...>
      Subject: [BCD396XT] Re: Pin Plug Additional...
      To: BCD396XT@yahoogroups.com
      Date: Sunday, October 21, 2012, 7:51 PM

      --- In BCD396XT@yahoogroups.com, Lance Star <milcom_chaser@...> wrote:

      > Looks like the slight play in the way the plug feels once seated in the radio is due to the  EIAJ TYPE-II jack has an O.D. of 4.4mm, while the plug (Adaptaplug "B") from Radio Shack is spec'd at 4.0mm, so 4 tenths of a millimeter in difference...

      > Anyone know where I can source the plugs Uniden uses?

      > Thanks,

      > -Lance

      If you don't mind cutting the cord and splicing a whole new connector on there then go to Digikey or Mouser. They have the proper sized barrel connector in both straight and right angle configurations.

      I made my own 12 volt adapter and bought a cord from Digikey (Mouser has the same ones, too) that had a molded, right angle connector on the end. Works fine, no loose connections.