6989Re: [BCD396XT] Re: Static version of Twiki manual Was: out of space already?

  • Guy Teague
    Sep 28, 2012
      yes, that sticky function is giving me fits. when i want to disable groups
      i find myself either hitting f+1, f+2, f+3 or holding down the func key and
      hitting 1, then 2, then 3 instead of briefly pressing function, then
      hitting 123.

      i did somewhat better on my first commute to work this evening. i had
      system 1 (home) and system 2 (work) enabled to start, then had no trouble
      dismissing sys1 when i drove out of the home jurisdiction. oh, and i had
      close call pri enabled and, since our discussion the other night, the
      expected behavior was that a close call hit would store to the temp 10
      memories and would not scan those memories.

      but i think i had some problem with that function key when i went to
      activate some groups under my work system. all of a sudden i got a blaring
      BHLAAAAAT! control channel out of the speaker and when i was able to take a
      look, the radio was scanning the close call 'system'. i thought that this
      system would only get created if you were doing the close call only mode or
      cc 'search and store', but evidently if you have the store memories
      allocated every close call mode will use them. well, unless i did something
      strange when i was fumbling with the function key to get those groups
      enabled.

      in any case, showing i can learn something after all (g), i did a
      func+l/o+l/o when the close call system came up and got rid of it and was
      able to finish my commute. i'll investigate those setting more this
      evening. what i need to do is to devote a solid hour to just doing close
      call work using one of my transmitters and making my own notes as to how it
      works in the various modes before i try to troubleshoot on the fly out in
      60mph bumper-to-bumper traffic.

      thanks again,

      /guy (73 de kg5vt)