      From: gteague <accts@...>
      To: BCD396XT@yahoogroups.com
      Sent: Tue, September 25, 2012 9:08:41 PM
      Subject: [BCD396XT] Re: Static version of Twiki manual Was: out of space
      already?

      so, this has necessitated a re-boot in my thinking and put a dead stop to me
      setting up this radio. it's obvious that before i go one step further, i need to
      find some instructions on how to escape, reboot, reset, or otherwise easily get
      back to the configuration i started with given that it's so ridiculously easy to
      get into a wrong mode you can't easily exit from.

      i ended up having to download a stored configuration back to the radio just in
      order to get it to stop scanning the ham bands. can't do that once i'm in my
      car--i'd just have to turn off the scanner and toss it into the glove
      compartment. and worse, i don't even know what my mistake was. perhaps i held
      the function key down for 1.5s instead of .5s when i was trying to disable group
      #2? i don't know--haven't the faintest idea.

      /guy (73 de kg5vt)