6969Re: Static version of Twiki manual Was: out of space already?

  • gteague
    Sep 25, 2012
      and, as it happens, i'm in dire need of that section right now. i was playing with virtual control in freescan and somehow got the damm thing scanning one system and doing a ham search. i don't know if it's doing a service search, one of the 1/2/3 quick programmed searches, or just a frequency search. in any case, i can't get the damm thing to stop searching! the uniden web page is very helpful on this topic, viz:

      To start the search assigned to a Search Key, FUNCTION + tap that Search Key.

      yeah, well how about how to STOP it! i never assigned any search yet, thus i don't even know which key to try to toggle on/off.

      i'm beginning to realize why my 396t sat idle for 3 years--i lost the ability to use it due to hardly anything being intuitive enough to fix without a manual. don't feel bad uniden, the yaesu vx-nn series is just exactly as bad, necessitating that you carry two, 80-100 page quick guides just to operate it.

      well, i'm completely stumped. i went into service search and tried starting a ham search and it starts, but there's no way to stop it that i can tell. i'm just going to completely reset the radio and reload it from one of my backups. geeeeeeeeeesh! i just can't believe i've been in radio for 45 years and built the very first pc from a kit and this little brick is completely destroying any dignity and geek cred i had left. [g]

      one conclusion i've reached already is that if i can put the whole radio out of commission basically with one errant keystroke and can't recover, you could never use this thing in an emergency situation unless you are 100% up on every contingency and the use of every key and key combo available.

      /guy (73 de kg5vt)

      --- In BCD396XT@yahoogroups.com, Bob Burns W9RXR <w9rxr_@...> wrote:

      > At 04:12 PM 9/25/2012, Upman wrote:
      >
      > >I recommend you use the static page version of the site. It is instantaneous.
      > >
      > >http://info.uniden.com/twiki/pub/publish/BCD396XT.html
      >
      > On this page:
      >
      > http://info.uniden.com/twiki/pub/publish/keysandtheirfunctions.html
      >
      > All but two of the links under "Key Functions in different operation
      > modes" are broken.
      >
      > Bob...

    • Show all 23 messages in this topic