6919RE: [BCD396XT] Re: Error in Uniden Description ?

  • Clark Rennie
    Sep 13, 2012
      Somehow this thread no longer has anything to do with the Subject Header
      which I admitted was wrong information.
      Now the thread has been hijacked as to the legality of scanners in vehicles.
      It's really not that difficult to change the Subject.

      Clark

      At 02:51 PM 9/13/2012, you wrote:

      >Google is your friend!
      >
      >http://www.afn.org/~afn09444/scanlaws/
      >
      >Note: Scanner aps on phones may (and probably are) illegal in states that
      >ban use of scanners in motor vehicles
      >
      >The FCC has granted a federal exemption to amateur radio operators for the
      >use of AMATEUR RADIO units that can receive outside the ham
      >bands. Scanners are generally not covered by this exemption.
      >
      >In any case, "low profile" is also your friend!
      >
      >'73 de JIM N2ZZ

    • Show all 21 messages in this topic