      From: mike <mikekut@...>
      To: BCD396XT@yahoogroups.com
      Sent: Thu, August 30, 2012 5:46:35 PM
      Subject: Re: [BCD396XT] Enough already

      I too spend a lot of time on the road over a wide geographical area and the GPS
      feature is great for this. I’m using the Uniden GPS and I think it’s performance
      is adequate but It seems to have a few quirks. First, it seems to have a
      location tolerance of plus or minus 2 or 3 miles. In other words lock/unlock can
      occur anywhere from 2 or 3 mile outside to 2 or 3 miles inside the radius I have
      programmed. Also, the locks/unlocks seem to occur in spurts rather that in real
      time as I pass from range to range as programmed … it’s almost as if the GPS is
      only checking its location every 10 minutes or so. Can anyone comment on the
      performance of non-Uniden GPS units?
      Mike