6879Re: [BCD396XT] Enough already

  • Tony Langdon, VK3JED
    Aug 30, 2012
      At 01:02 AM 8/31/2012, you wrote:
      >You can connect a GPS to the BCD396XT...it is quite relevant to the list. GPS
      >for scanners has nothing to do with navigation, though. It is all about more
      >safely and conveniently using your scanner while mobile. The GPS
      >provides your
      >precise location to the scanner. The scanner can then automatically lock and
      >unlock sites and channel groups as you enter and exit their ranges,
      >so you don't
      >have to take your attention away from driving to hit the keypad to
      >turn stuff on
      >and off manually. By locking out stuff when you are exiting
      >jurisdictions, you
      >can limit receptio to just those comms that are relevant to where
      >you are at the
      >moment.

      I must look into this feature. It would be perfect for monitoring
      our fire service (which is what I do with my 396XT 99% of the time),
      which extends across the state. Driving with the GPS helping select
      the most appropriate channel would beat simply scanning all of them.

      73 de VK3JED / VK3IRL
      http://vkradio.com
    • Show all 11 messages in this topic