6878Re: [BCD396XT] Enough already

  • mike
    Aug 30, 2012
      I too spend a lot of time on the road over a wide geographical area and the GPS feature is great for this. I’m using the Uniden GPS and I think it’s performance is adequate but It seems to have a few quirks. First, it seems to have a location tolerance of plus or minus 2 or 3 miles. In other words lock/unlock can occur anywhere from 2 or 3 mile outside to 2 or 3 miles inside the radius I have programmed. Also, the locks/unlocks seem to occur in spurts rather that in real time as I pass from range to range as programmed … it’s almost as if the GPS is only checking its location every 10 minutes or so. Can anyone comment on the performance of non-Uniden GPS units?
      Mike