6256I need help using freescan, i'm totally blind.

  • Jerry Mader
    Feb 6, 2012
      I have a few questions.
      And i really need help here. I don't mean to go off topic and I'm sorry if I
      am.
      But I'm trying to work on this with absolutely no sighted help, so the more
      help I can get the better.

      IN the site dialog on free scan, when you're modifying a site, under the
      quick key tab is where i am.
      And well i have the quick key labeled right that's right after the place
      that you'd put the name of the site you're setting up. SO i have that box
      set to read "quick key" when i land on it.

      See, I'm using my tab key, i can't use a mouse at all because Jaws For
      Windows won't read mouse usage, it only uses the keyboard.
      Then there is the locked out box to check if you wanna kill the whole site.

      Then after that box, there's the Modulation box, that has like fm, auto and
      narrow fm things like that. Then, there's another box, labeled that box, and
      that's right after the modulation box.
      Then there's a 20 db attenuation check box, now I'm up to another control
      box i don't know what it does.
      It's right after the box which i labeled that is for the type of trunking
      system you want to set the site for. It's, a box that has the options, 0 to
      255 what am i setting in that control drop down?
      Now after that I've got a box, and in it it has a 0 to 9 dropdown and right
      now it's got a . in it. What is that box for?Then after that box, there's a
      few buttons that are unlabeled and then there's the find free button. Then
      right after that is the box that's for the site time hold time, and after
      that box i see the place to set the hold time if i were to set that
      pervious box to manual.
      Then i see the P25 digital wait time box. After that is the state box. and
      it's set to off. then i go back to the system's tree view.
      SO what are those controls that I don't have marked yet? Would someone
      kindly let me know? just press your tab key and move around the screen using
      the Tab key,, I'm using the tab and shift tab mainly to get around.
      So if you'd greatly thread this and tell me what I'm looking at I'd
      appreciate it so much, because then i could use this with out a problem and
      be able to do as you who are sighted can do.
      Thanks for all of your kind help it's very much appreciated.
      Jerry Mader

      Then after that i see this other box, and it goes from 0 to 9.
      Thanks

      _____