6180Re: [BCD396XT] BCD396XT Loudness

  • Tony Langdon, VK3JED
    Jan 19, 2012
      At 11:18 PM 1/19/2012, you wrote:

      >Gidday All,
      >
      >I monitor the digital NSW GRN ( New South Wales Govt Radio Network -
      >Motorola) here in Australia, and the audio is all over the shop.
      >I don't know weather it is the scanner or the techs who don't know
      >how to properly install and tune the network.
      >
      >I still prefer myself a good analogue system. You can get analogue
      >down to 6.25kHz bandwith now, so the arguement of saving spectrum
      >of digital doesn't apply.

      I haven't yet given my 396XT a go on digital, that's waiting for the
      CFA to migrate to P25. The only digital experience I have is with
      D-STAR (on ham gear), where audio levels have been very
      consistent. I prefer digital audio. It's not as "natural" sounding,
      but I find it generally easier to copy. However, I do have concerns
      about black spots, which analogue at least gives a warning of (by
      means of a noisy signal).

      73 de VK3JED / VK3IRL
      http://vkradio.com
    • Show all 7 messages in this topic