6123Re: [BCD396XT] Uniden 396XT and discone

    Dec 27, 2011
      OK. The rest of my 'story' is that I am at an average elevation for my
      area. I have valleys 400 feet lower and hills 400 feet higher. I have a
      fair horizon in most directions except ENE.

      But, putting my antennas up 65-70 feet means they will be above the
      treeline that is currently shading my antennas (not so much this time of
      year, but greatly in the summertime).

      But, the same is true on top of those hills. In each case the relative
      performance of the antennas I mentioned is the same. True, you do get
      more range on the hills, but that just means the numbers go up.

      Joe M.