      From: BCD396XT@yahoogroups.com [mailto:BCD396XT@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf
      Of enriqueeeeee2001
      Sent: Tuesday, December 27, 2011 6:33 PM
      To: BCD396XT@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: [BCD396XT] Uniden 396XT and discone

      Hello,

      I write here because I am quite disappointed with my 396XT handheld.

      I use it with a Nagoya NA-771 antenna and the general perfomance it is quite
      good. Last week I set up a double discone antenna on the roof
      together a top low loss Ecoflex cable, just to say that the perfomance
      let much to be desired. I can hear much stuff with the Nagoya.

      Yes, the attenuator is off and I have checked all the connectors, wire,
      installation and everything is fine.

      Now I regret selling my beloved AOR AR5000 in order to buy this Uniden.

      Anybody has this problem? Would it be better to sell it and buying a
      Realistic pro 2006 ?

      Thank you and best wishes !