6097WV Statewide Interoperable Radio Network (SIRN) - Digital scanner only?

  • danny r
    Dec 15, 2011
      I'm a BCD396XT owner.  I pick up the WV Statewide Interoperable Radio Network (SIRN) with no problem.  I advised someone to get the BCD346XT, and tried to put (SIRN) into it, thinking it was trunked but not digital.

      However, seems it is digital, as I can't load it in.  On RR it didn't mention it being digital (just trunked) and when my scanner scans it, I never noticed it given me any indication it was decoding a digital signal.

      Below is 2 links, to (SIRN).  One being there homepage and the other radio reference homepage on SIRN.

      http://www.sirn.wv.gov/Pages/default.aspx
      http://www.radioreference.com/apps/db/?sid=4076

      My question is 2 parts:
      1. Is it for sure that (SIRN) can only be picked up by a digital scanner (trunking is NOT good enough)?
      2. How would I have knew that, either by the RR database webpage and/or my scanner (BCD396XT).

      Any help is greatly appreciated.

      --danny