6085Re: No voice after a couple of weeks

  • dataman60435
    Dec 8, 2011
      I think thats one of the "bugs" that the most recent "firmware" upgrade you will find on the Uniden Firmare Update list fixes where the scanner stops receiving a P25 system....You need to go to maybe www.marksscanners.com and see if he has that update or the files on here.....

      --- In BCD396XT@yahoogroups.com, "Pat Johnson" <aniceaustinguy@...> wrote:

      > I noticed my 396XT doing the same thing, as well, just recently
      >
      > --- In BCD396XT@yahoogroups.com, "boeing52au" <seven87@> wrote:
      > >
      > > Hi after about 2-3 weeks of 24/7 operation my 396xt stops producing voice from a P25 site. The display shows it still ID searching/scanning and the signal strength bar graph is active. When I press hold, the 'engine' noise is there, so it looks like the RF side is working.
      > >
      > > A power off/on by button makes no difference. Only if I pull out the power cord and the batteries (a total power down) will it produce voice again.
      > >
      > > Could this be some sort of memory leak issue with time?
      > >
      > > Any advice appreciated thanks..

    • Show all 6 messages in this topic