5830Re: [BCD396XT] Receiving Saginaw county's system on the BCD396xt

  • Jeffry Rehm
    Sep 29, 2011
      --- On Thu, 9/29/11, Jerry Mader <maderradionetwork@...> wrote:

      From: Jerry Mader <maderradionetwork@...>
      Subject: [BCD396XT] Receiving Saginaw county's system on the BCD396xt
      To: bcd396xt@yahoogroups.com
      Date: Thursday, September 29, 2011, 5:50 AM

      I hope this isn't off topic and if so I apologize but Had a question about
      the Saginaw County system in Michigan on the BCD396xt.
      I was looking over the forum on RR today about the Saginaw County system.
      I seen an article on multipath signals .
      Here it is for you to look at too.
      http://wiki.radioreference.com/index.php/Simulcast_digital_distortion
      <http://wiki.radioreference.com/index.php/Simulcast_digital_distortion>
      and wondered if anyone ever tried to use the Attenuator on the scanner and
      how good that worked?
      Did it cause the signal to drop just enough to get rid of the problem or did
      it make the problem worse?
      and can you adjust the Attenuation level on a channel with this scanner or
      is it stuck to only one level of 10 db like my other scanner used to be?.

      I can give a report on my question about how well it worked for me, once i
      get the scanner in my hands come Christmas as well.
      I was thinking I'd try it as well, but wanted to see what the rest of you
      thought and if it worked or not.
      Because this exact same problem used to happen to me using my older digital
      scanner before it went to pots.
      I'm not expecting the system to come in clearer with the BCD396XT i just
      figured ok, time for a better scanner with more features and the ability to
      scan ltr as i have a few of those systems I like to listen to but couldn't
      with the older scanner.

      I live in Albee township. And even the fire chief whose a friend of mine
      said to me that his radio gets bad reception half the time where he's
      located and he's not far down the road from me.

      But anyway anyone having any luck scanning that system or is it a bear to
      scan even after attenuating the signal?
      Sorry to ask so many questions i just was curious if attenuating the signal
      helps solve this issue of distorted digital transmition for anyone scanning
      the Saginaw county TRS here in Michigan.

      Jerry Mader

      Do you know what and where the "other" signal is? Maybe there is a radio out there that is off frequency or way over the wattage limit. Just a suggestion?