5755RE: [BCD396XT] System hold time

  • Walter Campbell II
    Aug 30, 2011
      Just a bit of help for you with the Illinois Starcom system, join the Carma yahoo group, there is a bunch of people on there that will be able to help you along your way. Im still learning my self.

      From: BCD396XT@yahoogroups.com [mailto:BCD396XT@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of Jeffry Rehm
      Sent: Tuesday, August 30, 2011 7:44 PM
      To: BCD396XT@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: Re: [BCD396XT] System hold time

      System hold time and system delay are two different things. I can tell you for sure that the system delay can only be set for the entire system you are scanning. I myself, in my own honest opinion, hate it. I would much rather set the delay for each channel, whether it is in a trunked or conventional system. The system hold time has some cool advantages once you learn them. I feel your pain with the learning curve. It took me months to even feel slightly comfortable using the scanner. It is a marvel of technology.