5617Re: [BCD396XT] BCD396XT Intermediate Frequencies / image reception

    Aug 2, 2011
      One last comment. This differs from image reception in that image
      reception is the reception of a *single* frequency that is 2X MHz away
      from your intended receive frequency. The X would be the value of your
      receivers 2nd I.F.

      For example, receiving 162.400 MHz on 140.800 MHz would be an example of
      image reception. (using a receiver with a 10.8 MHz 2nd I.F.). The IF
      shift would definitely solve this issue.

      Joe M.