5431Re: [BCD396XT] Re: Audio dropouts for trunk and conventional

  • Tony Langdon, VK3JED
    May 7, 2011
      At 09:33 AM 5/8/2011, you wrote:
      >If you can hear two conversations at the same time, it has to have
      >dual receivers.

      That's exactly what I was referring to. The 91 is one of several
      examples of dual receivers, which can monitor two different
      frequencies simultaneously (though when both fire up, it can be
      tricky picking the tangle of audio apart! :) ).

      >My point was not specific to the 91, but about ham rigs in general.
      >Some of them
      >have only dual VFOs which can only monitor one frequency at a time.

      True, but I was pointing some do have dual receivers and it doesn't
      seem to be a major price premium, unless you want digital capability
      on both receivers.

      73 de VK3JED / VK3IRL
      http://vkradio.com
    • Show all 30 messages in this topic