5429Re: [BCD396XT] Re: Audio dropouts for trunk and conventional

  • mch@nb.net
    May 7, 2011
      It was not 'corrected' - it was 'disabled'.

      If you have a second receiver, you don't have to put up with any dropouts
      on the received signal while the receiver switches to the secondary function.

      This means WX Priority (the function that was disabled), Close Call, or channel
      priority could be used with no gaps in the received signal. Additionally, more
      features such as true priority among any system type could be added.

      Close Call DND does help on the XT with the gaps, but CC is disabled whenever
      a signal is received. Hence, it's not a true solution.

      Joe M.

      On Sat 07/05/11 7:49 PM , Clark Rennie c.rennie1@... sent:
      > What does any of this have to do with "Audio dropouts" which the
      > original poster stated was found and corrected
      > by an option which was overlooked ?
      >
      > Clark
      >

      > At 04:25 PM 5/7/2011, you wrote:
      >

      > >It definitely could be done in firmware. The
      > scanner has one VFO. Adding a >second one would only require another channel
      > exactly like the one for the >first VFO, and a way to select it. You could
      > simply have the keypad active >to select 10 VFOs when you are in VFO mode. I
      > don't recall the Yupi all >that well, but I know the recent AOR offerings
      > have two VFOs.>
      > >Joe M.
    • Show all 30 messages in this topic