5427Re: [BCD396XT] Re: Audio dropouts for trunk and conventional

  • mch@nb.net
    May 7, 2011
      If you can hear two conversations at the same time, it has to have dual receivers.

      My point was not specific to the 91, but about ham rigs in general. Some of them
      have only dual VFOs which can only monitor one frequency at a time.

      Joe M.

      On Sat 07/05/11 6:01 PM , "Tony Langdon, VK3JED" vk3jed@... sent:
      > At 07:54 AM 5/8/2011, you wrote:
      > >Something to keep in mind is that some ham rigs
      > don't really have >dual receivers, but simply dual VFOs.
      > >Adding a second VFO is a matter of firmware while
      > a second receiver >requires duplicate hardware.
      >
      > But I'm able to simultaneously listen to two separate frequencies (in
      > the same or a different band). Example: Icom IC-91AD has this
      > ability, and its two receivers have different capabilities (only one
      > can do digital, only the other can do wideband FM). Sounds like two
      > receivers to me.
      >

      > >That said, I thought Canada was switching over to
      > the same alert >system (and same frequencies) that the USA
      > uses.
      > I'm in Australia, where a US style weather alert system is never
      > going to happen. :)
      >
      > 73 de VK3JED / VK3IRL
      > http://vkradio.com

      > Your email settings: