5420Re: [BCD396XT] Re: Audio dropouts for trunk and conventional

    May 7, 2011
      Just for WX you will never see enough demand. There has been some demand
      for a second receiver which would cover WX as well as the other aspects
      I mentioned, but I still don't think the demand would be high enough to
      recover the R&D costs. If you're going to add the weather receiver, it
      would be dumb to not to the extra mile for the fully functional receiver.

      As for "significantly", about $200-300 depending on whether the decoding
      circuits can be reused for the second receiver. I don't know of many
      people who would want to pay $700 to $800 for a portable scanner just to
      get the advantages. Sure, several people would, but I doubt enough to
      recover the costs.

      There is also the aspect that it would increase the size of the unit
      (unless the size of the components has offset that in the last few years
      of development).

      Joe M.