5400Re: [BCD396XT] Group Lockout Question...

  • Jim Walls
    May 2, 2011
      On 5/2/2011 1:30 PM, Lance wrote:
      > I had two groups scanning under a system the other day and in disabling one, I then disabled the other.
      >
      > I was not able to bring the groups back up again. I went and unlocked them, but had no luck. Had to use
      >
      > FreeScan to fix the problem.
      >
      > So, if I inadvertently do this again in the future, how does one bring the groups back without using software.

      My solution to this problem is to program one channel in each system
      that is in a group all to itself and has NO Group Quick Key. The
      channel is set to NEVER hear anything. The result is that under no
      circumstances will every group in the system be locked out and
      therefore, it's easy to bring the desired groups back.
      I found this MUCH easier then having to remember how to do the procedure
      (or to do it while driving).

      --
      73