5154Re: Need Keys Urgently - just for 10 - 15 minutes

  • Shelley Sheahan
    Feb 8, 2011
      Now that several individuals seem to have *blown up*, calmed down and
      repeated the "activities" a couple more times, the board somewhat appears to
      have regained some sanity...

      Walter, I'm very sorry you found yourself in the situation you were in! I
      have myself. And with Gommert's ARC software too - so I know quite well how
      you felt! But unfortunately one cannot solicit keys (i.e. serial numbers)
      from someone else's software. And if they give you the serial numbers, they
      would be breaking the law. Just because you already own the software
      yourself and were in a position you were in - being unable to access your
      own serial numbers - does not negate the law.

      I have been involved with computers and software for several decades. No
      question, Gommert will verify exactly what I've said - please ask him
      yourself. Both the solicitation and the sharing of commercial software
      serial numbers is illegal. It doesn't matter if an individual has requested
      a replacement or not. The point is that the serial number belongs to someone
      else and the law is clear. I know it's not what you want to "hear" (read)
      but, as I said, check with Gommert - he will verify it for you, if you'd
      like. And please, do not take this as any kind of an "attack" or the like!
      I'm simply passing on the facts as they are, nothing more.