4957Fire Tone-Out

  • Matt Roberts
    Jan 2, 2011
      I will be purchasing a BCD396XT scanner in the next week.
      I'm interested in the Fire Tone-Out feature. I want to set the scanner to activate only for my local fire station. I don't know the tone frequencies that are used. I read in the manual about the tone search mode. The manual states you put "0" in A and B, and that will initiate the search. When the tone is received you want to program, you press "E." The question is how long do I have to press "E" once the tone is received? Can I monitor the frequency during search mode, and when the right tone is received store it?

      Matt Roberts blindbiker@...
    • Show all 16 messages in this topic