4839RE: [BCD396XT] Re: windows 7 and serial port nightmares

  • Tim Woodward
    Dec 9, 2010
      lol I like the (not personally) part, as I stated I have the Uniden cable
      and still have the communication issue I described with ARC-XT.
      I've been starting to think that it's a firmware issue with the Usb ports.

      Oh well I can program my scanner on another machine but the engineer in me
      wants to know why I can't use my laptop, obviously the laptop is a more
      convenient choice when it works. : )

      I talked to someone at Butel as I stated and they said that they weren't
      aware of any issues and that it's just normal rs-232 comms.
      I can't help thinking that it's related in someway to the 64-bit
      implementation of the usb port or maybe the machine an HP Pavilion DV6.

      Can someone confirm Windows 7 64-bit Laptop ARC-XT using the USB-1 cable to
      the scanner, if so which driver version down to the build would be greatly
      appreciated.
      I have tried all the drivers from ScanMasters aka Uniden sanctioned and from
      the Prolific site as well.
      It was a while ago so that is why I would like to know the exact version.

      Thanks,
      Tim