4622Re: [BCD396XT] Re: BCProgTool.TCL for cross platform XT Operation and MinimalProgramming Support

  • Matthew Kurzon
    Oct 18, 2010
      Dick,

      I can think of a few advantages of ProScan: it can run multiple stations
      from one radio, and it can stream your reception out to a friend over
      the internet.  These stand out to me; since I just upgraded Arc XT to
      Pro I don't know if it can do either of these but the list doesn't stop with
      those.  I am happy with ProScan but since I started with Arc XT and
      since it gives a different way of looking at the same basic situation,
      programming frequencies into the radio, I like to keep it up to date as
      well.  Amazing features like the ones I mentioned above, and more
      I'm sure other people can state about ProScan if they wish to, can
      possibly not be found anywhere else.  Arc XT does have a "virtual radio"
      now, a live radio on the computer screen which does have an advantage:
      it shows the frequency of the station broadcasting.  I would like to
      see that in ProScan!  The radio, of course, does not show it. (Anyone
      care to prove me wrong?)

      Matthew