      From: "shelleysh1@..." <shelleysh1@...>
      To: BCD396XT@yahoogroups.com
      Sent: Mon, August 9, 2010 3:54:43 AM
      Subject: [BCD396XT] Re: 396XT and Remote Head, but...

      Hi Matthew,
      Actually, all of the software programs (FreeSCAN, ARC and ProScan) for the 396XT
      (and several other scanners) have the Digital picture on the computer screen.
      Some of them are more sophisticated than others in what you can do with them. I
      have and actually use all three because there are certain features on each one
      which I like better than the others.

      I use the remote head in the car so I don't have to take my eyes off the road if
      something is going on and I want to see what department it is. At home and at
      the office I might not be next to the radio, but if I have the remote head
      hooked up I can glance over to the bookshelf next to my desk and see who it is.
      I cannot see the readout on the radio from that distance and I do not run the
      software on my computer - that's for work, not for the scanner software. So the
      remote head fits my needs perfectly.

      You can read all about it on the Scannermaster website:

      --- In BCD396XT@yahoogroups.com, Matthew Kurzon nemattjiva@...> wrote:
      > Hi Shell,
      > Thanks!  I am using ProScan, which is a programming software for the 396xt.
      > also has
      > a nice big picture (real time) of the unit as a base station, with working
      > buttons and knobs,
      > including volume and squelch.  I don't always plug in and use this thing,
      > because the radio
      > is just fine as a scanner the way it is.
      > I am interested in looking into the remote head you are talking about, if you
      > can give me a little
      > more info I can use to look it up.
      > Thanks,
      > Matthew

      Again, many thanks to Mike Martin and pdejonck!

      I went by Radio Shack this afternoon and less than 5 minutes later I left with
      the proper AC power supply for the remote head. Appreciate your help - it was
      exactly what I needed!